About Me

August 26, 2011

Twilight Movie Night

Upon the impending visit of my mother & sister we decided to plan out a few nights with themed festivities. 
Being Twi-hards (I really dont like that term but...) we figured it'd be a good idea to have a Twilight Movie Night filled with fangs, snacks and of course all 3 of the Twilight movies out right now! 


I must say, having a Halloween-esque night in July is a lot of fun and definitely has me amped up for the legitimate Halloween night!


Below is my favorite TwiNight creation! I found the inspiration for them here. The apple mouths got me thinking about how I could make these into vampire themed treats! 


I call them Vampples!!! Aren't they just the cutest?! And so easy to make, yet time consuming! 
Inside is a 'cheesecake' filling. Extremely easy:
Mix room temperature cream cheese with sugar. Add sugar until it tastes sweet and creamy! You can even add a dash of vanilla extract. (When I did this the color changed to a 'dirtier' cream and I got worried-but as you can see the filling still looks extremely white next to the apple's skin!)
Directions:
Cut an apple into thick wedges. Score out the center part (cut to resemble a triangle-Pointing inwards) then with a paring knife cut small triangles to make the fangs. (I made very shallow cuts meant to peel just the skin of the apple off) Then fill with cheesecake filling. I simply used a spoon and smushed it in (yes, its messy) then scraped off the excess filling that was on the skin and wiped down messy parts with a paper towel. 
In no time you'll have these adorable Vampples! 
*It is time consuming but you will want to make these at the latest possible time since the apple quickly begin to brown!!

If you're a Twilight (or True Blood...or Vampires in general) fan these will melt your heart!

I bought black and red cutlery/napkins to fit with the dark and sultry theme. But I had to add a little something extra:

Fangs!
Very simple to make-I cut printer paper into fang shapes, wrapped it around my rolled silverware set and used a small piece of tape to keep it all in place.

Here's a look at our small coffee table set up:
Almost everything here was bought at Party City. I got a basic black table cover and some red candy to add to the festivities. 

The only thing left to do is throw on your Twilight t-shirt and pop in some fangs! (fangs bought at Party City also, yes, in July!!!) Pull out the camera and take lots of pictures!!




(These pictures are from my phone, so they're a bit hazy)

And just for cuteness here is a picture of my mom and sister's dog-Bella-yes, named after the Twilight series! So it was fitting to capture a picture of her trying to eat an apple.
Caption- 'Edible Art, Bella?'

Planning this night was a lot of fun. Even getting ready for our impromptu photo shoot was a blast. We really nailed the dead and sunken eyes look! Matter of fact...that is probably all of our favorite part of the night!! 
So doll up the place next time you want to have a Twilight marathon and remember to have fun!!!








1 comment:

  1. great ideas...Im a fan of true blood and twilight..gooo erik and jacob jejejej..

    ReplyDelete